The new coronavirus (COVID-19) has got a hold on the world. Since it emerged in China last December, infections have been reported around the whole world. It’s also rapidly spreading in Europe and numerous countries have set emergency measures in motion to prevent the coronavirus from spreading even further. Through this newsletter we would like to inform you about the consequences these measures have on (webshop-)logistics and which measures we have taken at Fulfilment Solutions.
Naturally, at FS we follow the advice of RIVM (Netherlands National Institute for Public Health and the Environment). To assure the safety of our colleagues, we have applied several measures to minimalize the contact between colleagues, drivers and visitors.
- The activities will continue as long as it’s possible and allowed.
- Colleagues who hold office positions will work at home as much as possible. Due to lower occupation there will be limited access to our customer service by phone. Contrary to our regular opening times, you can reach us between 09:00 and 17:00 o’clock. However, we request that you send us e-mails so that our colleagues working at home can help you with your questions.
- Employees with mild symptoms will stay at home until they are completely symptom-free. This means that in our warehouse we will have limited occupation as well. However, at the same we have seen a drop in the amount of orders, so we don’t foresee any delays in shipments.
- We are trying to switch physical appointments to videocalls wherever necessary. If you have an appointment with us, we will coordinate this together with you.
- As of now we haven’t noticed any deviations in the services of the parcel carriers. For the transportation of pallets, we did notice some delays due to the measures to prevent the further spreading of the coronavirus. For updates on the effects of the measures on road transport, we refer you to our CTS GROUP blog.
We trust to have informed you sufficiently in this way. If you have any questions, please get in touch with us.